Wednesday 2 April 2014

What to Choose? What to Do?

Subjects, courses, careers, colleges, jobs, choices, choices, choices, choices, choices.

I'm 16 years old and I may sound like an apathetic unmotivated teenage slob but my plans for the weekend are about as far as my decision making goes (taking for granted that my parents are going to provide transportation). And it's not because I don't have any interest, I have scoured the web looking for courses that both interest me and would provide me with a steady income in the future. Eventually I found a course that I would love to do and I had my whole career and life mapped out when my Dad asked "What would be your second choice?" A SECOND CHOICE?

Now, I am only in TY so I have another year or two to decide on a course, but still, in order to choose my subject choices I have to have a rough idea. I have decided writing this blog that I am not going to offer some wise advice. I don't think I'm qualified and I'm sure you have heard it all before. So I am going to end with a quote:

“Only those who decline to scramble up the career ladder are interesting as human beings. Nothing is more boring than a man with a career.”  Aleksandr SolzhenitsynThe Gulag Archipelago: 1918-1956  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!

Hi everyone, we're the new TYs for 2013/2014.

Our mission is to get students more involved in the day-to-day activities in St. Als and to show them how much fun we have in TY! First years to sixth years, watch out for our weekly updates.

Keep us posted if you have any new ideas for the blog. Hope ye enjoy it as much as we do!