Wednesday 12 March 2014

Backstage with Pumba



Hi! My name is Aine and I was Pumba the Warthog in are Ty show Shadowland.
I auditioned for the part of Pumba so when  I got the part I was really excited. The reason I love
Pumba so much is because I find him very comical and I love the song Hakuna Matata.

The week of the play I was very nervous and excited about going on stage in front of my family and friends but when I went on stage all my nerves went and I loved it!
Being back stage was really fun seeing everyone with their full costume, make up and seeing everyone getting into there character because we have been waiting to wear them for so long! It was very crazy because everyone was running around fixing and changing costumes.There was little room and a lot of people. When going on stage we had to be extra careful because of the costumes, they could easily break. There is not much room backstage also, which makes it very hard waiting to go on stage. The costumes played a big part of the play because they were so amazing and you could easily tell which character was which.  The costumes were very special to everyone because they were made by our Ty year, Miss O'Sullivan and Miss.O Shea. My Pumba costume was  my favorite. The Pumba costume was a bag with a bum added on to it by using paper mache and legs hanging of the bum.  The front part was a big piece of cardboard shaped into Pumbas face. It was very hard to hold and control and when backstage I was hitting everyone and taking up all the space.

I loved doing the play and I definitely recommenced for the third years to get involved with their play next year, whether it being the art department, acting, hair and make or the business team. I hope everyone enjoyed the play as much as we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!

Hi everyone, we're the new TYs for 2013/2014.

Our mission is to get students more involved in the day-to-day activities in St. Als and to show them how much fun we have in TY! First years to sixth years, watch out for our weekly updates.

Keep us posted if you have any new ideas for the blog. Hope ye enjoy it as much as we do!