Wednesday 26 February 2014

A week in a primary school!

For my week I got to experience what it was like to be a primary school teacher, a career that I'm now considering.

I got to experience a junior infant class as well as the staff room and the job of a secretary.
I got to see the the things that happen after the junior infants go home, for example making a friendship tree, decorating the prize box, all things that teachers do in their spare time!
I got to experience what junior infants are now learning, usually going home with a new song stuck in my head.

On Wednesday morning I got to see what happens during what's called a 'Snow Day' as the roof flew down the night before in the wind. To the joy of the boys, school was cancelled for the day. The following day all 45 junior infant boys were put in the same classroom with two teachers, so it definitely was crazy!

And the final question, what do they speak about in the staff room? Well teacher things are the answer!

Overall I had a brilliant week and was really made feel welcome! A week I would tell everyone to experience.

By Emma Preston

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!

Hi everyone, we're the new TYs for 2013/2014.

Our mission is to get students more involved in the day-to-day activities in St. Als and to show them how much fun we have in TY! First years to sixth years, watch out for our weekly updates.

Keep us posted if you have any new ideas for the blog. Hope ye enjoy it as much as we do!